World Tax Rates 2021
(Last partial update March 22,2021)
1. In countries in which VAT is charged at a number of different rates, the rate in the table is the highest rate.
2. The rates in the Table do not include Local tax, if it exists.
3. Social security rates are the highest rates. Unlike income tax social security contributions are generally imposed on income up to a ceiling.
- UAE Israel Tax Treaty
The UAE and Israel signed on May 31, 2021 a double tax treaty expected to enter into force on January 1, 2022. June 2021.
- Global 15% Corporate Tax
The G7 summit held in London on June 5, 2021 decided that the minimum corporate income tax rate for big technology companies will be 15%. June 2021.
- U.S. May Job Report
The U.S. labor department reported on June 4, 2021 that 559,000 new jobs were added to the American economy in May 2021. June 2021.
- Japan Spain Tax Treaty
The 2018 double tax agreement ,DTA, between Japan and Spain entered into force on May 1. 2021 applying from January 1. 2022. The tax withholding rates for payments of dividends are 0%/5%/10%. For payment of interest the tax withholding rate is 0%/10%. May 2021.
- Switzerland V.A.T. Refund
According to the Swiss tax office starting April 7, 2021 the refund period for V.A.T payers with a credit balance is shortened to 30 days, compared to the previous 60 days refund period. May 2021.
- U.S. April Job Report
The U.S. labor department reported on May 7, 2021 that only 266,000 new jobs were added to the American economy in April 2021, far lower than the prior forecasts. The unemployment rate in April was 6.1% compared to 6% in the previous month. May 2021.
- Belarus Spain Tax Treaty
The updated double tax agreement, DTA , between Belarus and Spain will enter into for on May 9, 2021. April 2021.
- Russia Luxembourg Tax Treaty
The updated double tax agreement, DTA ,between Russia and Luxembourg entered into force on March 5, 2021 applying from January 1, 2022. April 2021.
- Germany Rent's Freeze
The German high court ruled on April 15, 2021 that the previous Berlin's federal court regarding rents freeze in Berlin is invalid. April 2021.
- Spain U.K. Tax Treaty
The tax treaty between Spain and the U.K. regarding Gibraltar entered into force.
The tax agreement contains various issues including exchange of tax information and double tax. March 2021.
- U.K. Corporate Tax Rise
The British chancellor Mr. Rishi Sunak announced in his budget speech that the corporate income tax rate will rise from the present 19% rate to 25% in 2023. March 2021.
- U.A.E Tax Shelter
According to Reuters, based on a report by TJN the U.A.E is now the 10th most popular tax shelters by foreign investors. The first three most popular tax shelters in the list are Virgin Islands, followed by Cayman Islands and Bermuda. March 2021.
- Poland Retail Sales Tax
Starting January 1, 2021 a new retails sales tax was imposed on firms with monthly sales exceeding PLN 17 million.
The tax rate is 0.8% on sales below PLN 170 million and 1.4% for sales above PLN 170 million. February 2021.
- Luxembourg Tax Filing Extension
Individuals can file their 2019 report to March 31, 2021 while for 2020 report both individuals and corporate can file their annual reports to June 30, 2021. February 2021 .
- U.K. Economy 2020
The British economy slumped by 9.9% in 2020 due to the coronavirus, the worst slump in 300 years since the "great frost" in 1709. February 2021.
- Sweden New Corporate Tax Rate 2021
Starting January 1, 2021 the corporate income tax rate in Sweden was reduced from 21.4% in 2020 to 20.6% in 2021. February 2021.
- China Economy Growth 2020
The Chinese economy grew in 2020 by 2.3%, the only big economy with a positive growth. The economy grew in the last quarter of 2020 by 6.5% compared to the same quarter in 2019 and by 4.9% compared to the Q3 2020. January 2021.
- Hungary Tax Exemption
The Hungarian prime minister Mr. Viktor Orban announced that Hungarian taxpayers aged under 25 years will be exempt from paying income tax for income up to the average salary in Hungary. The exemption will enter in force before January 1, 2020. January 2021.
- Israel Credit Rating
The credit rating agency Fitch retained on January 13, 2021 the +A credit rating of Israel with a stable outlook. The rating came in spite of the coronavirus crisis and the unexpected new elections in Israel due in March 2021. January 2021.
- Italy Tax 2020
- Japan Tax 2020
- Bulgaria Tax 2020
- Romania Tax 2020
- Ukraine Tax 2020
- Austria Tax 2020
- Germany Tax 2020
- Tunisia Tax 2020
- Lithuania Tax 2020
- Serbia Tax 2020 2019
- Greece Tax 2019
- Israel Tax 2019 2018
- Czech Rep. Tax 2018
- Poland Tax 2018
- Finland Tax 2018
- France Tax 2018
- Malta Tax 2018
- Cyprus Tax 2018
- Italy Tax 2018
- Germany Tax 2018
- Croatia Tax 2018
- 4 Benefits of Adding Tradelines to Your Credit Report
- Everything to Know about Taxes on Foreign Real Estate
- Employment Income Taxes Worldwide
- Taxes - What's Legal and What's a Crime
- Weirdest Types of Taxable Income in the World
- Potential Tax and Money Habits that Make for a Crime
- 6 Unusual American State Tax Laws
- Relocating to New Mexico? Here’s What You Should Know About Its Taxes
- What Should You Know About Motorcycle Taxes?
- How to Claim Your Pet on Your Taxes
- Weirdest Taxes People Pay Throughout the World
- Things to Know for Divorcing Couples Who Owe Back Taxes
- The Pros and Cons of Online Instalments Loans
- 5 cardinal rules of trading the CFD market
- Why Singapore is a Prime Banking Destination
- Warsaw Stock Exchange
- Singapore Economic Freedom
- World Social Security Rates
- Dutch Preference Shares Classified as Loans
- Malta Tax Treatment of Royalties Derived From Patents
- Property purchase in Poland
- How Do I Form and Incorporate A Company In Canada?
- Hong Kong Company Formation
- Polish Company Law
- Critical Illness Cover
- Cyprus Company Formation
- Tax Withholding Rates
- Canadian tax
- Forex Trader Tax Filing
- Hong Kong Taxes
Note: The information in this site is for general guidance only. Users of this site are advised to take professional advice before taking practical tax decisions.
Please read our terms of service before entering this site.